Home security cameras can solely be used as a warning—a display that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s security.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras come equipped with a number of tools all built to provide comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features help you to get the most from video surveillance in Springfield.
How To Set Up Your Springfield Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is installing them in the best spots around your house. Interior security cameras should be placed in frequented rooms such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart move to have a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should afford a clear sightline of your porch, drive, and yards, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your home that are less imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your guests needs to be a chief regard before mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the foundation for getting the utmost from home security cameras in Springfield. The innovations listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant notifications on your smart device anytime unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to start recording when motions are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way talk: Most of modern security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to guests via the camera. With ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or welcome your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and allows for a more complete view of an area. Opt for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can produce clips of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and overlook cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the see unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Springfield is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your security system rises from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (217) 765-0085 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security and camera system today.