Modern smart security installations have become more capable every year. Even so, you may still forget to perform simple security duties like activating your a security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Springfield, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Springfield For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then uses your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to interact with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You can then institute a virtual “fence” on all sides of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
To illustrate, as soon as you leave your property, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Springfield. With the security app, you have the ability to make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to activate at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Make custom room scenes with components that operate in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for TV night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to set your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Springfield
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our representatives today at (217) 765-0085 or complete the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.