Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Springfield? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your property for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Even though your security installer is able to advise where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though you might find it unlikely that a burglar would try to just walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions happen at this obvious access point. You also have delivery bandits among other dangers to think about. A doorbell camera is ideal to manage these types of possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you are able to chat with people who walk up and engage the doorbell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can reply to each instance with two-way communications and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a visitor begins doing something questionable, you can have your video doorbell instantly record a clip and deliver it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a handful of suggestions to make sure you’re defended properly.
- Corners of your Springfield residence provide an impressive viewing angle, letting you see two sections of your yard.
- Position underneath an eave or straight into a bit of trim or siding are perfect spots for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more likely access point for invaders than you may know!
- Overlooking a patio or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you trim away any brush and branches that may block your view.
Recommendations To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Surveillance
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your home in Springfield. However, the added flexibility means you have other installation variables to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are secure, the sunshine that enters via a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Just like an observation deck, a security camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Try placing your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or attached to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Place your security cameras in a spot where children or pets can’t tamper with them. You might consider mounting or another means to secure them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top security camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a houseplant blocking the view. However, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to hide your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (217) 765-0085 or complete the following form to start your project.